by heritadmin448 | Apr 17, 2018 | Images of Old Oxton
Rose Mount, 1908, showing the premises of Wilsons, family butcher, Rowlands, fishmonger, and Landers, Oxton StoresDuck Pond LaneAlton & Cearns Roads Junction, showing horse-drawn bus on regular route to Birkenhead Central Station and Woodside FerryTemplemore Road,...
by heritadmin448 | Apr 17, 2018 | Images of Old Oxton
Oxton Old Hall, Talbot RdHawthorn Cottage, Woodchurch RdFernleigh, Poplar RdHolm Lane CottagesApsley Lodge, Rose MountNunclose, Mount PleasantWestholme, Storeton Rd < Back to Main Images...
by heritadmin448 | Apr 17, 2018 | Images of Old Oxton
The Arno The Arno as we know it today was laid out in 1912. Within the park can be seen the hollow that was the Earl of Shrewsbury’s stone quarry. The Arno – quoitsThe Arno – SundialThe ArnoThe Arno - SeesawThe Arno – SundialThe ArnoThe ArnoThe Arno – Rose GardenThe...
by heritadmin448 | Apr 17, 2018 | Images of Old Oxton
William Male & SonsConfectioner’s, 37 Rose Mount, owned by the Peever family from 1914. They also owned a dairy at no. 35Talbot Hotel, Claughton Firs. Built between 1847 & 1875 in a curve round the bend between Rose Mount and Claughton Firs. Demolished 1967,...
by heritadmin448 | Apr 17, 2018 | Images of Old Oxton
St Saviour’s St Saviour’s was built on Bidston Road between 1889 and 1892 to replace a church of 1846 that had become too small for the needs of its congregation. The church was constructed of durable red sandstone, quarried in Runcorn, with a slate roof. In 1941...
by heritadmin448 | Apr 17, 2018 | Images of Old Oxton
Birkenhead School Birkenhead Proprietary School, later Birkenhead School, was founded in 1860, initially with 13 pupils, at Royden House, Park Road North, altering its name in 1871, when it moved to the present Shrewsbury Road site. Birkenhead School – The...