by heritadmin448 | Apr 17, 2018 | Images of Old Oxton
Beresford RoadBirch RoadDuck Pond LaneNewburns Lane. The washing hanging outside led to the local name of Dolly Tub RowMill Hill A mill stood here for many years until the1850’s when it was demolishedFairclough Lane -aerial photo taken 1920 showing Fairclough Lane,...
by heritadmin448 | Apr 17, 2018 | Images of Old Oxton
Westholme, Storeton RdApsley Lodge, Rose MountHawthorn Cottage, Woodchurch RdNunclose, Mount PleasantHolm Lane CottagesFernleigh, Poplar RdOxton Old Hall, Talbot Rd < Back to Main Images...
by heritadmin448 | Apr 17, 2018 | Images of Old Oxton
The Arno The Arno as we know it today was laid out in 1912. Within the park can be seen the hollow that was the Earl of Shrewsbury’s stone quarry. The ArnoThe ArnoThe Arno – quoitsThe ArnoThe ArnoThe Arno - SeesawThe Arno – Rose GardenThe ArnoThe Arno – SundialThe...
by heritadmin448 | Apr 17, 2018 | Images of Old Oxton
Queen’s ArmsAdams’ Butchers, 10 Claughton Firs. The business was started here c. 1909 by George Henry AdamsWellington Road shops 1927. There was a draper, butcher, grocer, cycle dealer, fruiterer, chemist, confectioner, florist and dairymanSaid to be inside Wellington...
by heritadmin448 | Apr 17, 2018 | Images of Old Oxton
St Saviour’s St Saviour’s was built on Bidston Road between 1889 and 1892 to replace a church of 1846 that had become too small for the needs of its congregation. The church was constructed of durable red sandstone, quarried in Runcorn, with a slate roof. In 1941...